After an overwhelmingly positive response from the community, West Basin has reached capacity for this season’s distribution events. Thank you for making a successful program possible!
To be notified about future free rain barrel distribution opportunities, please sign up to be added to the program interest list:
Benefits of a Rain Barrel
- Rain barrels reduce stormwater runoff by collecting and reusing rain water.
- Reusing rain water helps save water and money.
- A rainwater capture feature, such as a rain barrel, is also a requirement for West Basin’s Grass Replacement Rebate Program, which starts at $3 per square foot of grass removed.
- Must reside within West Basin’s service area to participate (click here to check your address location https://www.westbasin.org/about-us/what-we-do/service-area/)
- Must not have received two rain barrels from prior events (two rain barrels are the maximum per address)
- Must provide photos of your installed rain barrel(s) within 30 days of receiving them. (submit photos here: https://arcg.is/Kqrz)
Frequently Asked Questions & Other Resources
YouTube has a good collection of videos that explain how to set up and use a rain barrel, how to maintain your barrel, and a variety of other rain barrel-related topics. Other resources, including how to make your own rain barrel, are provided in the dropdown below
The Metropolitan Water District also offers $35 rebates for the purchase of rain barrels. More information can be found at the Metropolitan website.