March 21, 2023
WEST BASIN BOARD ANNOUNCES LEGISLATORS OF THE YEAR
State and Federal Awardees Recognized for their Advocacy on California Water Issues
CARSON, Calif. – The West Basin Municipal Water District (West Basin) Board of Directors announced its Legislator of the Year awardees. This award recognizes legislators who have been influential in advocating for and advancing legislation that addresses water supply resiliency.
West Basin Board President, and Division IV Director, Scott Houston thanked this year’s recipients for their prudent and supportive efforts, stating “Our congressional and state delegations are vital in assisting West Basin to carry out our mission of delivering reliable, high-quality water to the communities we serve. These awards recognize the critical work of our legislators for their advocacy and commitment to water resiliency and long-term sustainability for California.”
At the state level, West Basin honors three legislators for their ongoing support of water industry initiatives:
- Laura Friedman, Assemblymember, 44th District
- Jesse Gabriel, Assemblymember, 46th District
- Reginald Jones-Sawyer, Assemblymember, 57th District
On the federal level, West Basin recognizes the leadership of the following members of Congress:
- Dianne Feinstein, U.S. Senator for Calif.
- Alex Padilla, U.S. Senator for Calif.
- Grace Napolitano, U.S. Representative, 31st District of Calif.
- Ted Lieu, U.S. Representative, 36th District of Calif.
- Sydney Kamlager-Dove, U.S. Representative, 37th District of Calif.
- Maxine Waters, U.S. Representative, 43rd District of Calif.
The West Basin Board of Directors and legislative team will present the awards to this year’s recipients during the District’s spring legislative trips to Sacramento, Calif. and Washington, D.C.