The West Basin Municipal Water District (West Basin or the District) does not use its website to collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to a user’s request or input, or to complete an online transaction.
Except as provided below, West Basin does not create individual profiles with the information provided by users of this site, nor does it distribute or sell any electronically collected personal information to third parties or private organizations without the permission of the user. The District does not track information about individuals and their visits. Information obtained from your use of the website does not identify you personally. Web usage summary statistics are gathered for site management and other purposes such as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance issues. We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address from which you access the website;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access the website;
- the date, time, and duration of the visit;
- the pages visited; and,
- if you link to the website from another website, the address of that website.
West Basin does not collect information for commercial marketing purposes from its website. West Basin will not send you unsolicited email regarding any commercial offers or advertisements at any time.
If a user chooses to provide West Basin with personally identifiable information, such as by sending an email to a West Basin employee or by filling out and submitting an online application or submission form located on the website, West Basin may use that information to respond to the user’s message, to assist in obtaining information the user may have requested, or use the information in the manner contemplated by the online submission form. As further stated below, an online application or submission form containing personally identifiable information will not be disclosed except as permitted by law.
- Information that could be collected from a minor includes, but is not necessarily limited to: name, email address and any information provided by the minor in the submission of a question or comment.
- Parental Consent. [Parent includes legal guardian.]
- Parental consent will be obtained before collecting, using, or disclosing personally identifiable information about a child.
- In the event that the District changes its practices of collecting, using, or disclosing any information in a substantive way, new parental consent will be obtained. A parent will be able to review the personal information collected from their child upon request.
- A parent will be allowed to revoke their consent and the District will delete information collected from or for their children on request. When consent is revoked, the website will stop collecting, using, or disclosing information from or for that child. Revocation may end a child’s participation in an activity if the information collected was necessary for participation on the website.
Additional information can be obtained at the FTC’s Consumer Response Center (link is external) and the Kidz Privacy websites.
Unless a particular web page on the website indicates that encryption technology is being used, the user should not assume that information uploaded through that web page to the West Basin web server will be confidential. If a user submits information to the West Basin server through a web page containing visible indicators of active encryption technology, West Basin will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of such information, but shall nevertheless not be held liable for any injury caused by the disclosure of that information, whether caused by security breach, accident, inadvertence, or any other act resulting in disclosure.