In line with West Basin’s mission to provide a safe and reliable supply of high-quality water to our service area we:
Wholesale imported water purchased from Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD) to nearly one million people in 17 cities and unincorporated areas in Los Angeles County.
Produce five types of recycled water with purchased water from the Hyperion Water Reclamation Plant. The purified waters are provided to municipal, commercial and industrial customers for the following purposes:
- Seawater barrier and groundwater replenishment – The Water Replenishment District of Southern California (WRD) injects high-purity, recycled water into the West Coast Seawater Barrier.
- Industrial cooling towers
- Low-pressure boiler feed water
- High-pressure boiler feed water
Implement effective water conservation programs to help residents and businesses use water more efficiently.
- Cash for Kitchens
- Change & Save
- Ocean Friendly Landscape Program
- Rain Barrels
- Rebate Programs
- Water Conservation Tips
Explore ocean water desalination in pursuit of a diverse, local water supply portfolio and the protection against future water scarcity.
Offer free community water education programs to teach our residents about local, national and global water issues.