Grass Replacement Rebate & Classes
Click the image to submit an application
West Basin Municipal Water District (West Basin) is adding an additional dollar to Metropolitan Water District’s (MWD) rebate for a total rebate of $3 or more per square foot of grass removed from residential and commercial landscapes. As a member agency of MWD, West Basin service area residents and businesses can apply for MWD’s rebate program and receive the extra incentive.
To pre-qualify for the rebate program, visit www.socalwatersmart.com, or call, (888) 376-3314.
In order to receive a rebate, you must apply to reserve rebate funds prior to starting your project.
- Up to 5,000 sq. ft. of turf removed per home; more for businesses.
- There is a limit of one application per home per year.
- Areas which have already had turf removed are not eligible.
Read more about the MWD program requirements and eligibility for residential and commercial here.
Register for a virtual landscaping class today!
During the class, residents will learn how to:
- Remove existing grass
- Plan a sustainable garden design
- Prepare a healthy soil for plants
- Incorporate a water-efficient irrigation system
- Plant climate-appropriate plants
- Maintain a new, drought-tolerant landscape
Turf Replacement Video Series
For some more information about grass replacement, MWD offers a video series that outlines three lawn removal methods-solarization, sheet mulching, and sod removal. Residents can learn which method best suits their grass characteristics and project parameters. Watch all of the turf replacement videos here.
|Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
|Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD)